Monday 10 March 2014

Unpacking and more unpacking

Yikes, where do I start?

The c.20+ foot container housing all the contents from our home in Sao Paulo arrived last week. Things have been especially hectic around here since then. Luckily for me, my parents in law were around to whisk the kids out of potential harm’s way: burly men lifting and assembling heavy furniture, a dazed woman completely overwhelmed by boxes that were packed in haste…

Note worthily, we were allowed to bring into Switzerland 200 bottles of wine which would be free of import tax. Unfortunately, we only found out about it a few days before the packers came and by then, didn’t have sufficient time or energy to stock up. We bundled the 22 or so bottles stacked in the kitchen: A few of our favourite Spanish red that a friend kindly transported for us from Europe (after we saw that they cost about six times more in Sao Paulo!) and a number of decently priced Argentinian Malbecs that we had started enjoying. They include the likes of Rutini, Las Perdices, Nieto Cadus and Las Moras which I wrote about here

Hopefully, I will be able to talk about some of them in the posts to come. Also, a few yummy ones we've been sharing with my in laws these past days, that is, assuming that I can get some time to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment